Whats's new on the smartphone market as of december 2020
News on Smartphones, June 2020
June 2020: The Latest News on Smartphones
2020 isn't a lucky year for the smartphone market. Covid19 had a devastating impact on global shipments, consumption and production. Many launches have been postponed and it's hard to keep track of the news. Here's a recap of what has been said in June.
The launch of the 2020 iPhones is expected in September or October 2020. The iPhone 12 series will resemble the iPhone 4. The panel will range between 5.4 inch and 6.7-inch depending on the model. More details: Apple’s most ambitious camera design to date, 5G connectivity, OLED screens, LiDAR sensor on the iPhone 12 Pro, 120Hz refresh rate on iPhone 12 Pro display. Price is supposed to start from $749 up to $1099.
Google Pixel 4
The launch date hasn't been confirmed yet, but it should be out in October 2020. The long awaited Google smartphone should come with a 5.8 inch display, Punch hole camera, OLED screen, 60Hz display. Price: $399
Full content and details (external sources): Pocket-lint
Everybody thought it was called OnePlus Z or OnePlus 8 Lite. The official name should be "OnePlus Nord" ( =North). Rumor has it that it will be launched on July 10, but the date hasn't been confirmed. Some of the features are: 6.4-inch screen, 48MP + 16MP + 12MP rear camera combination, 16MP front camera, 4,000mAh battery, and Mediatek 1000 chipset. Price: less than $699
Full content and details (external sources): Techradar
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G
The new version of Galaxy Z is expected to come out in August with 5G connectivity and Snapdragon 865 chipset (as for Samsung Galaxy S10, Xiaomi Mi 10, Sony Xperia 1 II, RealMe X50 Pro -complete list here). Price: probably starting from $1350
Full content and details (external sources): Sammobile
More news on smartphones:
- Samsung Galaxy Fold 2: Galaxy Fold 2 and Galaxy Note 20 series are expected to be launched on August 5.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20: New rumors about its features, such as full-HD resolution and 60Hz refresh rate with a flat display and "wide frame".
- Nokia 9.3 PureView won’t feature Light tech in its camera.
- Foldable iPhone: the discovery of an Apple patent hences the conclusion that there could be a foldable Apple device in the near future.
- Smartphone market: Huawei surpasses Samsung.