May 2022: The Latest News on OS Release
News On App Stores, August 2020
August 2020: The Latest News on App Stores
Apple App Store
- The App review process has been updated: for apps that are already on the App Store, bug fixes will no longer be delayed over guideline violations except for those related to legal issues. Developers will be able to address guideline violations in their next submission. And now, developers can also suggest changes to the guidelines.
Full content and details (external sources): Developer.Apple
- A new bill has been submitted to the lower Russian Parliament to cap Apple’s App Store commission at 20% as well as require it to allow third-party App Stores. The Russian Parliament will soon vote on whether or not to limit the commission companies like Apple and Google take from app sales.
Google Play Store
- Google has just blocked another set of dangerous apps from its popular Play Store and Android fans are now being warned to delete them from their smartphones right away.
Full content and details (external sources): Express.co
- The Google Play In-App Review API lets you prompt users to submit Play Store ratings and reviews without the inconvenience of leaving your app or game.
Full content and details (external sources): Developer.Android
- Huawei committed to invest $3 billion to support developers globally. At the end of 2019, the company identified the most used 3,000 apps globally. By the end of July, 80% of these were in AppGallery. "So any user can find 80% of the top apps", said Anson Zhang (CEO, Consumer B.G, Huawei Technologies UK).
Full content and details (external sources): Forbes