AI chatbot is one of the smartest additions of next-level technologies. Choosing an AI chatbot for your business is a delicate task, because it requires an investment of time and money that must lead to the desired results. Selecting a wrong AI chatbot may cost you lots of money and the business reputation.
What are AI chatbots and conversational AI, and why are they important?
Chatbots use AI algorithms to interact with clients and provide solutions in a human-like manner. According to 61% of consumers, chatbots will be used in customer service in the future. At the same time, conversational AI is an amalgamation of Natural language processing (NLP) and AI chatbots to provide quick customer responses on a real-time basis, enhancing the user experience.
Using a chatbot to redirect the flow of requests to a customer service is the best way to save time and resources, and of course money. So, there are some characteristics that a service like this should have.
AI Chatbot: what Functionalities should be Tested?
While performing tests on AI chatbots, the process should consider all the major functionalities. Some of them are:
Response time and accuracy:
As per study, The biggest contributor to poor customer service is prolonged waiting time. In 2020, the average first response time for live chat was between 46 (Comm100) and 48 seconds (Live Chat). If the user is willing to wait for a minute for a live chat, that's not the case of the chatbot, which is generally rated more strictly because users are fully aware they’re dealing with a bot and have no intentions of waiting.
The chatbot must handle errors efficiently and can initiate alternative inquiries smartly or connect a live agent with the user to manage a perplexing situation.
Test the tone of voice of the conversational AI chatbot to match the user’s expectations. A great voice style while answering queries is an amazing experience booster.
Lots of clicks is equal to tons of friction which is not at all good for business. Chatbots should simplify and declutter the navigation process. Removing long drop-downs, reducing the number of clicks to reach the target help a lot to improve the chatbot performance.
Judgment and Intelligence:
An intelligent chatbot should consider and learn from the previous conversation and provide better responses to the user. It’s mandatory for a smart chatbot to identify the user.
Another good quality of a chatbot is to understand small talk, idioms, and emojis during a chat. Improving this context boosts customer delight.
Multi Device and cross-platform compatibility:
This is a vital test that any chatbot should pass. The AI chatbot should perform efficiently on all devices, platforms, and OS versions.
How to test and train AI?
There are specific steps to follow and checkpoints to adhere to while testing a software chatbot.
- Identify use cases: Before starting the testing, consider all the scenarios, responses, queries, and checklists and prioritize them accordingly.
- Finalizing testable requirements and KPIs: The next step is to finalize what needs to be tested. Additionally, measurable KPIs such as self-service rate, performance rate, usage rate per login, and escalation rate need to be addressed during testing.
- Architecture and technology stack of the chatbot: The next step is to understand the underlying architecture and the technology on which the chatbot will work.
- Test scenarios Preparation: Creating different test scenarios should cover all the functional aspects, conversation, voice testing, how the chatbot responds to various queries, etc.
- Analyzing non-functional aspects: Finally, the non-functional aspects like performance testing, security, accessibility, responsiveness, and load handling capacity must be checked thoroughly.
For more detailed information, check out these articles:
What are the benefits?
Continuous testing of conversational assistance improves overall quality perception, and developers can resolve the issues within the product development lifecycle. Chatbot software has a user interface (UI) and customer experience (CX) channels which must be tested thoroughly. Additionally, below are some characteristics of an excellent testing solution.
- Quickly and easily access to a huge quantity of qualitative data required for optimal AI performance
- Test all algorithms for bias across a wide variety of user groups to ensure the AI chatbot works for everyone, everywhere
- Gain rapid, iterative feedback from actual end-users to provide an optimal AI experience
Today’s customers need not only the best products but also 24X7 support. And to address the customer queries uninterruptedly and seamlessly, chatbots must pass stringent testing. Ultimately, it is the AI tool that interacts with customers on behalf of the business.